Racing.com | 17 June, 2016
Racing Victoria (RV) has announced further enhancements to Victoria’s lucrative owners’ and breeders’ incentive scheme, VOBIS, for the 2016-17 racing season, headlined by a major boost to Super VOBIS bonuses.
The highlights of the 2016-17 VOBIS program, effective from 1 August 2016, are as follows;
- Super VOBIS bonuses have increased by $1.8 million – the first increase since 2007;
- Super VOBIS bonuses at country TAB meetings have increased from $9,000 to $12,000, while they have been lifted from $10,000 to $15,000 per race on all mid-week metropolitan races;
- The prestigious VOBIS Gold Premier Race Series will offer over $3.12 million in prizemoney and bonuses to eligible horses across 16 races (10 metropolitan and six country);
- The third annual Victorian Owners and Breeders Raceday will be held at Caulfield on Saturday, 22 April 2017, with six VOBIS Gold Premier Races headlining a nine race program; and
- A total of $5 million in VOBIS Gold bonuses will be on offer with 250 bonus races programmed across a variety of tracks and classes with the inclusion of six-year-olds for the first time.
Read full article: Record VOBIS increases for 2016-2017 | Racing Victoria